And so it begins...

Well folks, summer has finally kicked off and I don't know what to do with myself. I have bucket loads of wedding planning details to attend to before I can officially wed my fiance and love of my life Nathan Blackmer in October, countless crafting projects in various degrees of completion and several more in the planning stages. I've also picked up a few new hobbies which I intend to explore over the coming months.

Just yesterday I was overwhelmed with the urge to invest in set of watercolor paints, brushes, and a pad of paper. I spent over an hour in the Micheal's in town browsing the various isles of paint and brushes. I had no idea there were so many choices. Being a beginning painter and one who hasn't actually taken up the brush in about 7 years, I figured I could close my eyes and pick one at random and be perfectly happy. After noticing the price on some of the professional level brushes, however, I decided firmly against this method of selection. As much as I want to try my hand at watercolors again, I'm not ready to entirely squander my most recent paycheck into the affair. Anyways I've played a little with this new medium and can't wait to paint more.

 
I even tried to design our wedding announcement/invitation. We're getting married in Vermont in the fall and I tried to capture that idea. Even if we don't use it, I had fun painting it. And I think it looks neat.



In other news, I picked up some of the tools for batiking and I'm waiting on an electric wok which I bought off eBay to melt the wax. I can't wait to start! I'll post so sort of tutorial once I have my operation up and running, if anyone is interested. 

I've got so much so do and only 3 months to do it. Maybe I'll have to start a project ticker or some way to measure how much I've actually accomplished. I'll look into it once I figure out how to actually use my blog, ha ha ha. It is a learning experience after all. Anyways, I'm off to my evening crafting. Tonight's listening: Sufjan Steven's Radio with a little Afro-Celt Sound System thrown in. My favorite tracks so far have to be "RE: Your Brains" by Jonathan Coulton from his album Thing a Week Two and "Persistence of Memory (Remix)" by Afro Celt Sound System from their album  Pod. Check them out :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Long Awaited Swoopy Geese Tutorial: Part 2! The One About Paper Piecing!

How to Make Your Own New York Beauty Templates!

That's One Way To Do It: Hawaiian Applique Tutorial - Part Two: The Prep