Dang! Out of Thread!

At 11:55 last night I finally started machine quilting a project I started a while ago! Whoo! Yay. The project in question? A funky Dresden plate in The line Coquette by Chez Moi for Moda. I love her fabric! All of it!

Anyways, I started by hand quilting several Dresden plates in alternating squares to my appliqu├ęd plates. I think it turned out nicely but I didn't necessarily want to hand quilt the entire thing so I took it to the machine. 


I was about 85% of the way through my border when I ran out of thread :( Silly me, I thought 500 yards would be enough. I forgot of course that I had already quilted an entire quilt with it. Booooo. So I will have to postpone my completion until I grab more thread from the shop. If your reading this then I'm guessing you know the feeling. If not I suggest you try quilting, it's fun!

So yeah, I can't finish that project and I have a growing desire to quilt something! So what do I do? Honestly! I'm asking! I've used up all my big batting scraps and have no fabric for backings on hand for other projects. I desperately need a fix. I feel like a quilting junky. Maybe that's a sign I need to take a break...

In other news I agreed to make a replica of my poppy star for a friend if she bought the fabric! I can't wait to start! I love lone stars!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Long Awaited Swoopy Geese Tutorial: Part 2! The One About Paper Piecing!

That's One Way To Do It: Hawaiian Applique Tutorial - Part Two: The Prep

How to Make Your Own New York Beauty Templates!