Eldon Exposed!

I'm happy to announce that I have finished a total of... wait for it... 4 Eldon Blocks! They are beautiful and intricate and a bit frustrating but I am loving how they turned out. I even try to put them together tomorrow.

And here they are!

... Not sure why the next three are upside down but we'll roll with it...

This is the first one I completed a few days ago.

The color is a bit off on this one. I love the green to blue starts but I don't know how I feel about the ice blue setting squares. I know I'm no going to take them out so I'll have to live with it.


This is one of the setting squares used to connect all of the stars. In the full size of the pattern there would be 9 but since I'm only making the 4 blocks I only need one. Whew *wipes sweat from forehead* I love these blocks but they take a bit to put together. There are a total of 144 piece in just one block! 144 piece! That's insane! I mean you strip piece the stars but still, that's ridiculous! And then there's the trimming. I'm always afraid I'm going to slice right through my finger when I'm trimming.


So yeah, that's what I did today and yesterday. Oh, and more binding... The tally: 3 completed blocks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Long Awaited Swoopy Geese Tutorial: Part 2! The One About Paper Piecing!

How to Make Your Own New York Beauty Templates!

That's One Way To Do It: Hawaiian Applique Tutorial - Part Two: The Prep