Everybody Loves Owls!

I was stumbling around on Pinterest a few weeks ago and I found an adorable idea which I just couldn't get out of my head. Owls! Made with a drunkards path block!


The blog I found via Pinterest (Sunshower Quilts) led me to the original tutorial on The Tulip Patch called the Roly Poly Owl Block. While the original author used an Accuquilt GO Baby, I figured I could get away with using a set of drunkards path templates which we just got in at the shop. I am really happy I purchased them because, while they aren't quite as quick and easy as a GO Baby, they allow me to be much more accurate than I would be otherwise.  I already have the pieces cut out for another little project! Can't wait to get to it!


When it came time to quilt my little owls, I wasn't sure exactly what to do so I settled on swirls. Looks like wind, right?... Maybe? Well, I like it at any rate. I didn't quilt the owls themselves on this one. I'm not sure what I would have don't with them... I probably will on the next one though.


And once again I think the back looks pretty neat. Even more incentive to try out a whole cloth quilt soon. Although, as I mentioned before, I'll be without my machine for about  month. I hope my chops don't get too rusty. I guess it means I will have to practice more when I get home! *Smiles with glee*

Anyways, anyone who is interested should check out the tutorial! These are such fun blocks and they are just too dang cute!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Long Awaited Swoopy Geese Tutorial: Part 2! The One About Paper Piecing!

How to Make Your Own New York Beauty Templates!

That's One Way To Do It: Hawaiian Applique Tutorial - Part Two: The Prep