Temporary Hiatus!

The plans are made, the tickets purchased, the bags are packed and the passports printed. In less than 24 hours my beloved husband will be off! On Vacation! To Australia! I can't believe it! The trip has been in the works for a few months but I've tried not to think about it so I didn't get too excited. Now as it draws closer I can't believe my head hasn't exploded out of pure giddiness. I was literally jumping for joy yesterday. And now we have only one more night at home with our loving animals before we depart. We'll be gone roughly a month... A whole month...

but wait...

That means an entire month without my sewing machine...

A month of no piecing...

Of no quilting!

How will I ever survive? It will be difficult that's for sure! But I happen to be bringing along a project specially designed for the occasion. A Hawaiian applique project in fact! I might even post some pictures once I have made some progress. I figure me and my applique by the pool in the sun? What could be better?

In the mean time, I had some more fun with my camera!


I love our batik wall at Quilter's Eden! Such lovely colors, even in the later afternoon. I played with the white balance a bit and ended up with some pretty "cool" photo's! Get it? 'cause they're kind of blueish? Haha... 


I've been bringing small stuffed animals into the shop for a while now. This is the newest edition. My coworker thinks s/he looks kind of menacing. I totally see it. 


The giraffe was the very first stuffed toy I brought in, she even has a bow!


I think the mouse is my favorite though....

Also, thread! I think I've now bought at least three spools of the blue without realizing I already had some. I just love the color!

So yeah, the next time I post will likely be in the warm sun! What a change that will be! It's been winter for far too long here! Farewell for now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Long Awaited Swoopy Geese Tutorial: Part 2! The One About Paper Piecing!

That's One Way To Do It: Hawaiian Applique Tutorial - Part Two: The Prep

How to Make Your Own New York Beauty Templates!