Bright Owls in the Gentle Shade

I've been busy these past few days! I got home and hit the ground running... after a few days of adjustment. My first completed project was a table topper sample for the shop by Southwind Designs called "Lucky Hearts". Their patterns are so creative and gorgeous. I'd been meaning to try one for a while so I was really happy when I walked into my shop and was handed a kit to sew up. I can't wait t try another one! I'm thinking something involving turtles or dragonfly's. The flowers are really nice too. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture before handing it off to the shop this morning.

My second big accomplishment was another rendition of the Roly Poly Owl block I put together a few weeks ago before we left for our trip. I had already cut out all the pieces using my nifty drunkards path templates so I pieced it together yesterday and quilted it today.


The dark blue owl sort of reminds me of Totoro from My Neighbor Totoro. I loved that movie when I was a kid and still love it now... as a much older kid. Haha 


I had a lot of fun quilting this piece. It was a nice chance to practice my fillers and work on those straight lines in the border. I don't know if you can tell but my straight lines are not very straight. 


Here's a shot of the back. It's kind of hard to see all the detail but I think it looks pretty cool... This is only reinforcing my desire to work on a whole cloth quilt.


 Finally, I mentioned in my last post that I would post my templates if anybody wanted to use them so I thought I might try do just that. However, this is proving to be a more difficult task than originally foreseen because my printer is not a great scanner. I will try to make PDF's of my templates soon. In the meantime, here is a shot of some of the blocks I've made using the templates. Excuse the not quite smooth curved piecing, I'm still working on it :)



Anyways that's all that's been happening on my end. Happy Crafting!

Comments

  1. I hadn't seen the Totoro connection before, but now I totally do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! I've wanted to do a Totoro project for a while now! Maybe my class sample will be a Totorowl! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Long Awaited Swoopy Geese Tutorial: Part 2! The One About Paper Piecing!

How to Make Your Own New York Beauty Templates!

That's One Way To Do It: Hawaiian Applique Tutorial - Part Two: The Prep