Radient Lone Star

After a little bit of contemplation I finished quilting my lone star with rays emanating out from the set in triangles and squares. I think it turned our ok!

Photo: Here is a better picture of my first lone star! Just, you know, because... 

I finished off the borders with a geometric meander. Not for any particular reason, just I though I needed to practice and I might look neat (which I think it kind of does). Throughout the process I discovered that the visibility on my machine is low. You would think I would have noticed it before... I had a really hard time mirroring my rays because I couldn't see my first squiggly line. It was silly.

I also learned, upon later inspection, that you cannot see the green in the center of the star at all :( ah but such is life.

In other news, there is a thunderstorm going on this evening. I love thunderstorms! There is something about how lightning shatters the utter darkness that I can't help but find fascinating, and I  the love how the sound of thunder rolls around me like a physical wave. It reminds me of the awe inspiring power of the natural world. Night all, I'm going to enjoy my storm!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Long Awaited Swoopy Geese Tutorial: Part 2! The One About Paper Piecing!

That's One Way To Do It: Hawaiian Applique Tutorial - Part Two: The Prep

How to Make Your Own New York Beauty Templates!