I'm In LOVE!

        I am in love with longarming! Did I mention that?... I may or may not have been talking about how much I love longarming to anyone that would listen. I think my husband is tired of hearing about it. I've even started hunting for excuses to go play. Yesterday I needed fabric for a few projects I'm in the middle of so I hopped over to the shop thinking that perhaps the longarm might also be free. Sure enough it was! I though to myself "what a happy coincidence!" I bought a yard of solid cream and a yard of muslin and I went at it. Here is the result of about 2.5 hours of work.


        I'm not sure how long I can keep this up! The pricing for long arm rental is reasonable but I want to quilt all the time. I'm going to go broke! Ack! I guess it's a good thing I don't have constant access to a car... In the meantime I can make myself busy with my own machine. Speaking of which! I finally got my Brother back! And it sews wonderfully. Somehow in all my sewing I managed to bend the needle bar... I did not see that coming. I guess I will have to be more careful from now on. I think I will keep quilting my current project on my Kenmore because I am used to it at this point and I fear switching my throw off my groove. I should probably start practicing on the Brother again though. Maybe that's what I will do today... That way I can continue with my free motion quilting tips! It's a plan. 

        But before I retire once again to my fortress of solitude I want to share my current project. A few days ago I saw the most wonderful quilt pop up on my Facebook feed quilted by the amazingly talented Karlee Porter. I was so totally inspired that I just had to try to make one myself!


        Once again, quilting with colored thread on a plain background has been very good practice. It encourages me to try to be very careful with my lines because every mistake is visible. It's hard for the same reason because I look closely and think it looks terrible....I do like how it is turning out but it's hard for me to see all thse little imperfections. I am such a perfectionist when it comes to quilting... But that's a good think I think. 

Anyways, I am off to sew :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Long Awaited Swoopy Geese Tutorial: Part 2! The One About Paper Piecing!

How to Make Your Own New York Beauty Templates!

That's One Way To Do It: Hawaiian Applique Tutorial - Part Two: The Prep