Big News and Business Cards!

        Big news everyone! I am officially a business owner! I went legitimate and filed a bunch of paperwork! I even purchased business cards! How exciting! Well, once my business cards arrived I just had to make a little bag for them. It's just what I do.


        I started looking around online for a good model and found these adorable card holders but I was unable to find a clear pattern or tutorial. So of course I decided to make my own, with a few minor changes of course. These mini card wallets are incredible simple and quick to put together. My first one took about 20 minutes and so I decided to make a few more and share my process.

Here's what you need:


(2) 4.75" x 6" rectangles of fabric (outside/inside)
(2) 2.75" x 4.75" rectangles of fabric (pockets)
(2) 4"x 2" rectangles of fusible interfacing
(1) 4" x 5.5" rectangle of fusible fleece
5" of elastic
5" of ribbon (optional)
(1) clip/hook (optional)

Step 1:


        Place the interfacing (4"x 2") in the center of the back side of your pocket rectangles (4.75" x 2.75"). Leave a little more room at the top of the pocked and fuse in place with your iron. Place your fusible fleece (4" x 5.5") in the center of the back side of the outside rectangle (4.75" x 6") and fuse in place.   

Step 2:


        Turn over the top edge of the pocket rectangles and stitch in place. 

Step 3:

    

        Place your pocket rectangles right sides up onto the inside rectangle with the finished edges facing the center. Stitch the pockets to the inside rectangle using a 1/8th seam allowance. 

Step 4:


        Lay the elastic across one of the shorter ends of the inside rectangle, approximately 3/4 of an inch from the edge. Stitch the ends in place along the existing line of stitching. Insert the ribbon through the loop of the clasp and fold over. Stitch both layers of ribbon to the center of the inside rectangle along the existing line of stitching with the clasp facing the inside of the rectangle leaving an inch of ribbon between the clasp and the line of stitching.

Step 5:


        Place the outside rectangle (with fusible fleece attached) on top of the inside rectangle right sides together. Stitch together with a 1/4" seam allowance leaving an opening big enough to turn the wallet inside out opposite the ribbon and clasp. Trim away excess ribbon and elastic as well as the corners.

Step 6:


        Turn inside out and press carefully to avoid ironing the elastic. Hand stitch the opening closed.

Step 7:


         Stitch 1/4" around the outside of the wallet, carefully avoiding the elastic.


         Ta-da! You have a very simple and easy card wallet! It's the perfect size for my ID and my business cards and I can use the clip to attach it to my keys if I want to. I've already used mine quite a few times. Hope the instructions are clear enough :)

Happy Crafting!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Long Awaited Swoopy Geese Tutorial: Part 2! The One About Paper Piecing!

How to Make Your Own New York Beauty Templates!

That's One Way To Do It: Hawaiian Applique Tutorial - Part Two: The Prep