Business Has Begun!

        It's official! I mean it was technically official before with all the paperwork and business cards but now it's really official. I recently completed and delivered my very first customer quilt! It took a bit of doing and some frustration over thread but once I got that worked out went well and I am glad to say she was pleased!


        Look at that awesomely complicated piecing and those super adorable embroidered frogs! It was so much fun to develop a plan for this quilt. We had discussed the idea of bedazzling and embellishing the quilt with beads and crystals that looked like little bugs so I thought it might be neat to have the background of the frogs to be looping and spiraling buggy trails. I also incorporated loops into the light blue pieces of the border. 


         I also just had to quilt some feathers. I love feathers. A lot! 


        The piecing featured so many fun shapes to fill in with feathers how could I possibly resist!


        Of course I just had to make my job more complicated by deciding to change the thread color with each fabric but I really like how it turned out.

        Please forgive the fact that in the above photo the quilt is indeed upside down. I was having trouble getting a good photo of the full quilt because a table just happened to be obscuring my light a bit. Oh course I could have just rotated the quilt on the floor but that would have been too simple. I will have to come up with a better system, especially for bigger quilts. 

        With my very first customer quilt completed I look forward to the next. I learned some valuable tips and tricks and can't wait to continue practicing. Quilting is just way too much fun!



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I think so too! I am so happy that I had the opportunity to quilt it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Long Awaited Swoopy Geese Tutorial: Part 2! The One About Paper Piecing!

How to Make Your Own New York Beauty Templates!

That's One Way To Do It: Hawaiian Applique Tutorial - Part Two: The Prep