La Passacaglia: My Perpetual Friend

This project is intense: La Passacaglia from Willyne Hammerstein's Millefiori Quilts. 
If you are into English paper piecing you've probably been drooling over the incredible pictures that kept popping up on instagram just like I have. If you haven't seen it before you should go look up the incredible pictures on instagram and you will likely start drooling because they are so amazing. Every single one is different and beautiful. Every single rosette is unique. There is endless inspiring EP piecers like myself. 



Of course I couldn't just look at the pictures without trying to start my own. I began by borrowing some papers from a friend who had purchased a kit. I played with them for a while then ordered my own starter kit. After a few furious rosettes life got in the way and it ended up sitting in my room for about 9 months. Then, new years eve 2016, it way ready to be born again!


I spend hours on the couch with my  La Pass. Hours and hours. Hours and hours and hours. (Side note: My husband is extremely tired of seeing my La Pass prep pan that has been on the couch for 4 months). All that work and I am maybe 1/3-1/2 of the way finished. This project will take forever.  









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Long Awaited Swoopy Geese Tutorial: Part 2! The One About Paper Piecing!

How to Make Your Own New York Beauty Templates!

That's One Way To Do It: Hawaiian Applique Tutorial - Part Two: The Prep